Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Looking for a pair of 16 ohm 411 woofers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Looking for a pair of 16 ohm 411 woofers

    We are looking for a set of 16 om 411 woofers. Will buy or trade a set of 8 ohm 411's which were recently re-coned by Bill (and not used since). Could trade some other stuff as well. We have a few things laying around that would be good bartering stuff for a set. 288's, 290's, 416, horns, etc. You can pm me if you wish. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for a pair of 16 ohm 411 woofers

    I don't recall there ever being such an animal.

    Ron

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for a pair of 16 ohm 411 woofers

    There weren't many. AFAIK, paired 16s under a 288-8E/511E in the 9848A was their only use. Don't know if they were decal'd or not. If not, a 23483 OEM stamp may be the only readily visible clue.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for a pair of 16 ohm 411 woofers

    Steve, it's a long shot as a 4-year old listing, but maybe worth a call;

    New Page 3
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for a pair of 16 ohm 411 woofers

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    There weren't many. AFAIK, paired 16s under a 288-8E/511E in the 9848A was their only use. Don't know if they were decal'd or not. If not, a 23483 OEM stamp may be the only readily visible clue.
    Yes, they are for a pair of 9848's.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for a pair of 16 ohm 411 woofers

    We would be willing to trade the set that Bill H. re-coned for a set of dead 411's plus the cash we have into Bill's re-cone. Or just buy a set of dead ones that someone may have. Also we would sell the rebuilt ones for $425 for the pair.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.